Maps

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Final Fantasy XIII Great game with some minor old school ff series feel

Final Fantasy XIII is a RPG that has a few tweaks in it to a sense the battle system nor the adventuring is not that perfect, for one in every final fantasy game I played you can only use a certain number of characters in a certain time. So that was a little bit of a let down for the sense of realism is gone, I mean think about it for a second if you may, for example I did a certain action in the game and in the movie clip the only people that they show in the screen are the people present in your party the rest just disappeared, were did the rest of them went?? Nobody knows. I was just hoping instead of that kind of order why not use the whole people at your own disposal if you look at things in that way you can have a new kind of battle and exploration experience feel. There was this one game I played I’m not going to name it so that no one can argue about it. Anyway I get to use all of the people in my party at my disposal, yes there are also some parts they get to split up but, the thing is in the end it was a good experience and the realism at that time felt real because everyone has there own parts to play. With Final Fantasy XIII on the other hand you are only limited to a certain number of character to work with. By the way I would also like to point out in the battle system they remove the freehand movement control, so the Final Fantasy XII was a hit in the head and the battle system regressed to something similar to Final Fantasy X with the exception of a better graphic and they kept the battle waiting gauge in Final Fantasy XII which made it more difficult in every battle you face and each encounter. Anyways with that said I just want to point out finally and if you can easily adopt to this changes you can have fun after you mastered the battle system they changed and I really mean master it every class type and every role they play into. I was astonished to see the preview that one of my classmate gave to me last year with this game I saw them flying and it was fun to watch with that small clip. I watch they were using a dragon like creature all together to fly, anyway I figured wow wouldn’t it be great to travel that way in exploring the area of the game? But then, big surprise, I bought the game. Turns out that clip I saw was just part of the story in the game to proceed. The Final Fantasy XIII guys just stayed safe and let the player travel faster the old fashion way and was using “Chocobo Bird”, it was, yeah, a bit of a let down as well. As for the hardcore final fantasy fan out there they might be a bit disappointed for the reason the mini games here are limited to only one to three chapters after those chapters are over you cannot play that game anymore unless you save that chapter and don’t overwrite it, leave that chapter alone and replay it again after you saved that particular chapter. I also wanted to point out it was a shame that every character in the game didn’t have any unique or any special abilities in the exploration part of the game that could have made a major change if they do have their own special abilities or skills and also could made the game more diversely challenging and fun. Lastly and some of the RPG I ever played also have this same kind of problem with them, only some not all. After the final chapter is finish I mean literary finish and the final movie has been shown you can’t make a rerun of the story so with this game after you finish the final chapter you will be sent outside of the maze to where the final chapter started and do whatever you have missed out after the last chapter. So what I did was all of the final side quest and level up the rest of what ever I missed out. After that nothing left to do but start a new game, no rerun though meaning your starting with nothing but a default item in the start of the game. You really can’t send your finished game equipment into your new one so it was a bit of a let down also. Never the less this is one game I’m comfortable giving it a high score.

Gameplay: 8.9

The changes really made a huge impact with the game experience so that’s why it can be also a good and bad thing for its more challenging in a sense its really hard to master. One of the reason also some of the monster is just to overwhelming more harder than the final boss. There was also one monster named vampire who doesn’t even look or act like one.

Graphics : 9.5

The whole story alone was awesome hands down should be ten, but with the unrealistic enemy and has a cartoon like feel to it. It didn’t hit the spot to well enough I had to drop 0.5% to it.

Sounds &
Music : 10

No word for it, I love the way the music and sound was made my only disappointment is I can’t listen to it in a separate menu or what they call it a jukebox.

Story : 9.7

The thing I like most with the flow of this RPG is everyone has their own back or sideline story not only the people but the whole planet and people who lived there. Still in the very end, the story line has the same old classic ending to any final fantasy game “Save The World”.

Overall: 9.1


Note: This review will continue on late Dec of 2011 as soon as Final Fantasy XIII 2 is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment